Squire Sanders presents a series of webinars focussing on the key labour and employment issues in various countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the United States.
On 26 March 2014 at 4 pm GMT (5 pm CET, 12pm EDT), the featured country is France. Join Jean-Marc Sainsard and Pauline Pierce from Squire Sanders’ Paris office for an update on recently-introduced legislation which is having a significant impact on employers in France, including:
- Changes to the consultation periods with works councils
- Revised procedures for collective redundancies
- Job Retention Agreements enabling employers experiencing serious difficulties to agree revised terms with employees for a fixed period as a way of avoiding redundancies
- External Mobility Agreements enabling qualifying employees to work for a different company for a fixed period before returning to their original employer
- An obligation on larger companies closing a branch/plant to look for a buyer which may be able to rescue it
- Compulsory medical cover for all employees
- Employee representation on company boards
The main webinar presentation will last 45 minutes, followed by a 15 minute question and answer session via the on-line chat facility. It will be conducted in English.