Squire Sanders presents a series of monthly webinars featuring the employment laws of various key countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. These webinars will provide participants with an understanding of the essential characteristics of the employment laws in these countries from starting a business and developing employment policies to dealing with unions and every employment issue in between.
On 18 April 2012 the featured country is Russia. Irina Golovanova and Anastasia Melnikova from Squire Sanders’ Moscow office will discuss:
- Term of an employment contract (including statutory restrictions on fixed-term contracts and services agreements)
- Probationary periods
- Grounds for the termination of an employment contract
- Working time (including overtime and leave)
- Salary (including guaranteed benefits)
- Guarantees, compensation and severance payments
- Obligatory Internal Work Regulations and the applicability of Foreign HR Policies in Russia
- Sanctions for disciplinary offences
- Restrictive covenants under Russian law
- Immigration issues (including work visas, permits and benefits for Highly Qualified Specialists)
The main webinar presentation will last 45 minutes, followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. The webinar begins at 2.00 pm GMT (3.00 pm BST, 4.00 pm CEST, 6.00 pm MSD, 10.00 am EDT).