Squire Patton Boggs presents a series of webinars focusing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Presented in English by our local labour and employment law experts, each 60-minute webinar comprises a 50-minute presentation covering key “hot topics” in the featured jurisdiction, followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help you manage labour and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinars will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
On 9 September 2015 at 9.00 am BST (UK) (8.00 am GMT, 10 am CEST, 4 pm AWST, 6 pm AEST), the featured country is Australia. Join Anna Elliott from Squire Patton Boggs’ Sydney office and Dominique Hartfield from our team in Perth who will provide updates on the hiring and firing of employees in Australia:
- Recruitment process – avoiding discrimination issues and claims
- Options for engaging workers: permanent, fixed-term, casual or independent contractor – essential features addressed
- Spotlight on key employment terms and conditions
- Modern Awards – what they are, when they apply, plus an update on the recent Modern Award review and proposed legislative changes
- Restrictive covenants and avoiding inducement of breach of contract at the hiring stage
- Employing foreign workers in Australia – what to watch out for
- Notice and procedural requirements
- Types of claims and liabilities
- Poor performance issues – ensuring a fair process and avoiding claims
- Serious misconduct – when summary dismissal is justified
- Redundancies and restructurings – consultation processes and entitlements
- Protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
Register now for this webinar.