February 1-4, 2021
It is no secret that the labor and employment law landscape looks very different than it did a year ago. This past year presented employers with countless challenges, but also provided tremendous opportunities to learn and adapt, and more changes loom on the horizon. As we look forward to healthier and more productive months ahead, please join our team of Labor & Employment lawyers for a series of informative webinars addressing business-focused labor, employment, business immigration and employee benefits developments and trends, as well as strategies for success moving forward.
This complimentary webinar series will feature more than 20 individual sessions over the course of four days. Attend one, a handful, or each of the webinars as you plan your employment law compliance strategies for the future.
CLE, HRCI and SHRM approval pending for live sessions. Due to approval rules, CLE will not be available for on demand sessions.
Topics and presenters include:
Monday, February 1
- 2020 Employment Litigation Year in Review: Lewis Clark Jr., Jill Kirila and Melissa Legault
- Wage and Hour Developments – New Pay and Compensation Pitfalls: Carmen Cole, Michael Kelly and Jennifer Harper
- International Labor & Employment Law Updates: Caroline Noblet (European Union), Annabel Mace (Global Mobility), Julia Yeo (Asia Pacific), Bruno Di Girolami (Australia), Sarah Lawrence (Middle East) and Jose Martin (Latin America)
Tuesday, February 2
- Post-Election Perspectives: A State of the Union From Our Public Policy Team: Ed Newberry, Traci Martinez, Jennifer Harper and David Stewart
- COVID-19 Update: Even Hindsight Isn’t 20/20: Michael Hanna, Michael Kelly, Jill Kirila, Laura Lawless and Matthew Secrist
- Session 1: Leaves and Accommodations
- Session 2: Remote Work, Return-to-Work and Benefits – When the New Normal Conflicts With the Old Normal and How to Provide Compliant Benefits
- Session 3: COVID-19 Health and Safety: Protect Your Workplace
Wednesday, February 3
- Promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lawfully and Effectively: Carmen Cole and guest speaker Natalie Norfus
- NLRB Update for Union and Non-Union Employers: Employer Friendly in 2020, But Changes Loom in 2021: Michael Hanna, Daniel Pasternak and William Kishman
- Managing Overlapping Leave Laws – ADA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and More – and Reasonable Accommodations: Meghan Hill and Karen Wentzel
- Immigration in Transition – Sam Mudrick and Gregory Wald
Thursday, February 4
- Employment Law Ethics Issues for In-House Counsel: Daniel Pasternak and Donald Wall
- The Total Legal Landscape: A Plenary Overview of Federal and State Legislative Developments and Trends: Lewis Clark Jr., Laura Lawless and Dylan Yepez
- California Breakout Session: New Developments From the Left Coast: Karen Wentzel and Lilah Sutphen
- Ohio Breakout Session: Positive Developments in the Buckeye State: Meghan Hill and Joseph D’Andrea
- New York Breakout Session: A New York Minute of Employment Update: Katherine Liao and Lilah Sutphen
- Other States Breakout Session: State Law Roundup: Ariel Cohen and Shennan Harris
- Non-Competes in Uncharted Territory: Protecting Your Interests Under Restricted Covenants in 2021: Katharine Liao, Traci Martinez and Will Kishman
- Employee Benefits and ERISA Update: Matthew Secrist
Webinar Login Details
Login details for the webinar will be provided upon registration.