Squire Sanders will be holding a cross-border webinar “Works Councils in Germany: Confrontation or Collaboration?” on Wednesday, 5 October at 10am EDT, 2pm GMT, 3pm BST and 4pm CET.
Tanja Weber and Dr. Sebastian Buder from our Berlin office will provide an overview of the current statutory regulations governing works councils in Germany and the best strategies to handle a works council. They will discuss:
- Establishing works councils and their legal status
- Avoiding costs for a works council
- The principle of “trustful collaboration”
- Information, consultation and co-determination rights
- Works councils’ key participation rights, e.g., social matters, co-determination when hiring, etc.
- Sanctions against employers
- Practical tips for dealing with works councils
The webinar will be of interest to both national and international companies with a presence in Germany, in particular those who may have concerns about an election of a works council in Germany as well as those who already have a works council but could benefit from an update.
The main webinar presentation will last 45 minutes, followed by a 15 minute question and answer session.