Squire Patton Boggs presents a webinar to discuss how the current Catalan independence debate and recent decisions by the European Courts will potentially affect many businesses with operations in Spain.
- The “Catalan problem”: its effect on the Spanish business environment and the challenges for employers
- Increases in severance payments relating to temporary contracts: the impact on Spanish employers of the European Court of Justice’s ruling in De Diego Porras
- Monitoring of employees’ private electronic communications: the practical implications for employers in Spain of the Barbulescu European Court of Human Rights’ judgment
- Invalid dismissal claims. The increased tendency of employees in Spain to claim that dismissals be declared invalid (alleging discrimination on the basis of illness, among other circumstances) and to request additional damages
- Other relevant Spanish judgments and the legislation pipeline: what is on the horizon in Spain
The webinar will be a 50-minute presentation in English followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help participants manage labour and employment law risk across their international operations, the webinar will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
This webinar is part of our 2017 series focusing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US.