Squire Patton Boggs presents a series of webinars focusing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Given in English by our local labour and employment law experts, each 60-minute webinar comprises a 50-minute presentation covering key “hot topics” in the featured jurisdiction, followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help you manage labour and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinars will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
On 10 November 2016 at 4 p.m. GMT (5 p.m. CET, 11 a.m. EST, 8 a.m. PST), the featured country is Spain. Ignacio Regojo and Juan Nasarre from our Madrid office will provide updates on:
- The impact on employment law of the recent Spanish general election
- Contracts of employment:
- Brief overview of the types of contracts and their characteristics.
- The consequences of recent European case law on the severance pay entitlements of fixed-term and temporary workers
- Working Time Regulations:
- Are employers obliged to record an employee´s working hours?
- Issues with employees who work across different locations
- Holidays: Calculating holiday pay
- Severance payments in Spain: Types and methods of calculation.
- Collective redundancies: Current issues
- Employee monitoring: Recent case law.