Squire Patton Boggs presents a series of webinars focussing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Presented in English by our local labour and employment law experts, each 60-minute webinar comprises a 50-minute presentation covering key “hot topics” in the featured jurisdiction, followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help you manage labour and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinars will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
On 28 October 2015 at 9.00 am GMT (10.00 am CET, 5.00 pm HKT), the featured country is Hong Kong. Nick Chan, a Partner from our Hong Kong office will provide updates on:
- Hong Kong’s current legal system under the principle of One Country Two Systems following Hong Kong’s return to China’s sovereignty in 1997;
- how anti-discrimination/harassment legislation is to be expanded;
- the introduction of non-sector specific competition/anti-trust laws and the impact on HR practitioners;
- increases in the minimum wage;
- paternity leave;
- protection of personal data and the legislation governing the transfer of personal data outside Hong Kong, in particular the exemptions available for transfers to overseas group companies;
- dual employment for senior executives sent to mainland China;
- rights of third parties in employment-related contracts;
- amendments to the Mandatory Provident Fund scheme;
- recent cases, updates and trends.