Squire Patton Boggs presents a series of webinars focusing on the key labour and employment issues in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Given in English by our local labour and employment law experts, each 60-minute webinar comprises a 50-minute presentation covering key “hot topics” in the featured jurisdiction, followed by a 10-minute online question and answer session.
Intended to help you manage labour and employment law risk across your international operations, the webinars will be of interest to both HR professionals and in-house counsel.
On 25 May 2016 at 8.00 am GMT (9.00 am BST, 10.00 am, CEST, 4.00 pm AWST and CST, 5.00 pm JST), the featured countries are Australia, China and Japan. Kenichiro Kawada from Tokyo will provide an update on the topic of “Restrictive Covenants” in their region including:
- the business interests a company can protect through the use of restrictive covenants and how to ensure the best prospects of enforceability
- what action can be taken and remedies obtained where an employee breaches a restrictive covenant
- how new employers may become liable when engaging employees bound by restrictive covenants
- how social media can impact restrictive covenants
- recent cases of interest in this area
Dominique and Kenichiro will also briefly highlight other current hot employment topics to watch out for in their region.