Squire Sanders is presenting a series of monthly webinars featuring the employment laws of various key countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. These webinars provide participants with an understanding of the essential characteristics of the employment laws in these countries from starting a business and developing employment policies to dealing with unions and every employment issue in between.
On 10 January 2012 the featured country is France. Jean-Marc Sainsard and Pauline Pierce from Squire Sanders’ Paris office will discuss:
- worker engagements – employment contracts, consultants
- hiring requirements
- documentation including contractual requirements
- employee rights from Day One and rights accrued over time – social security, pensions, benefits and vacations
- family friendly rights including maternity, paternity and adoption
- collective rights – workers councils, staff delegates
- dismissal – methods, notice, documentation
- claims – jurisdiction, statute of limitations and more
The main webinar presentation will last 45 minutes, followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. The webinar begins at 3.00 pm GMT (4.00 pm CET, 10.00 am EST).