As previously posted, Squire Sanders is presenting a series of complimentary webinars featuring the employment laws of various key countries throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas. This month on June 30 at 10 a.m. EDT or 3 p.m. GMT our featured region is the United Kingdom.
Simon Ost and Daniel Bickerstaffe, both from our Manchester office, and Rick Neary, from our London office, will discuss:
- Types of Worker Engagements (Employment, Consulting, Agency, etc.)
- Documentation Including Contractual Requirements and Protecting the Business
- Employee Rights on Day One – Protection From Discrimination, Health & Safety, Holiday Entitlement and More
- Employee Rights Accrued Over Time (e.g., Unfair Dismissal, SRP, etc.)
- Family Friendly Rights Including Maternity, Paternity and Adoption
- Collective Rights (TUs, Collective Consultation, etc.)
- Termination – Methods, Notice, Documentation
- Claims (Tribunal System, Compromise Agreements, ACAS, etc.)
The main webinar presentation will last 45 minutes, followed by a 15 minute question and answer session.
Future webinars will cover the employment laws of France, Spain, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Hungary, China, Japan, Latin America, and also the United States including a special California-focused program.